Steps for performance testing
Setup cStorPool and StorageClass
- on the number of OpenEBS replicas (1 vs 3) (latency between cStor target and cStor replica)
- on whether all the replicas are in one zone or across multiple zones
- the network latency between the application pod and iSCSI target (cStor target)
Run fio test through OpenEBS Litmus
Clone litmus repository
git clone https://github.com/openebs/litmus.git cd litmus/apps/fio/tests/performance
Edit run_litmus_test.yaml and modify the following
- name: PROVIDER_STORAGE_CLASS value: openebs-standard #value: local-storage - name: APP_NODE_SELECTOR value: percona - name: FIO_TEST_PROFILE value: standard-ssd - name: FIO_SAMPLE_SIZE value: "128m" - name: FIO_TESTRUN_PERIOD value: "60"
Run the fio performance test
kubectl create -f run_litmus_test.yaml
- Observe the results at the end of the test
Support for Performance tuning
Support for performance tuning for specific workloads can be obtained through the premium plan on MayaOnline. Connect your cluster to MayaOnline, start the cluster on evaluation plan and seek support for performance tuning.